Linguine and Puttanesca Sauce
- 1 lb beefsteak tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons drained bottled capers, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets, patted dry and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb dried linguine
- Stir together all ingredients except linguine in a large bowl.
- Cook linguine in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water and drain linguine in a colander.
- Add hot linguine and 1/3 cup pasta cooking water to sauce and toss to coat, adding more water if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper.